Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Diets To Live By!

To continue on a margarine-based theme, Diets To Live By! is a 1967 diet book that aimed to integrate Chiffon Margarine into every dish imaginable. Like many other company-sponsored diet books, the premise was that as long as you use their product in abundance, the remainder of your diet doesn't really matter. Sounds effective!


1. Front cover


2. This doesn't look very light to me! I have to admit, I've never seen margarine on steak before, but I suppose that doesn't mean anything.


3. Chicken goop and chicken goop with chicken cut-outs


4. This dish isn't remarkable. I just think there haven't been enough fish heads in this blog.


5. Back cover - Here you see the sunburst design popular in this cookbook. And you learn a bit about how soft Chiffon tastes like 'expensive spreads.'

2 comments:

Jason Stockl said...

If I had a margarine company, I wouldn't use dieting as a marketing strategy...

Maria said...

But Chiffon is light as air! At the very least, they shouldn't have endorsed a diet where you can consume unlimited calories. That's a bit odd.