Monday, November 24, 2008

Calling All Incomplete Girls!

Here is a fantastic exercise by Marguerite Barze from December 1945's Calling All Girls magazine. It's part personality test, part guilt-inducing connect-the-dots! All you have to do is answer a series of thirty questions testing the strength of your character. The accuracy of your end result depends on your honesty! Once you have your responses, shift your attention to the unknown figure on the left. Connect only those lines that correspond with your positive answers. Do not connect the lines that correspond with your nos! When you're done, you will be left with a scientifically proven measurement of your worth as a human being. If you didn't perform so well, you are obligated to have the figure blown up to poster size and attached to your wall as a constant reminder of your shortcomings. (Click image below for full-size)



I wonder why girls' and women's magazines stopped printing games along with their quizzes.

2 comments:

Lidian said...

I am so tired this morning I thought that it was "Calling All Incompetent Girls!" and thought, oh perfect for me for today!

Happy Thanksgiving, Maria, I am so glad Louise "introduced" us! :)

Lidian

Maria said...

Ha! Well, I can't imagine how an incomplete girl could be competent!

I'm sorry that I haven't had a chance to respond to your comment before now, Lidian, but I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, too, (and a Happy Holidays this month).. and I'm happy that Louise introduced us, as well!