Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Armour's Theatre Presents...: The Sequel

The last batch of Armour's Theatre films will hit your local cinerama screen by Christmas 2010! (Pictures actually from Armour's Meal of the Month File -- undated, though possibly 1950)


(HONEY GLAZED HAM with Fruits)
A still from a documentary about Buckminster Fuller's latest constructions presented in startling 3-D IMAX, Honey Glazed Ham Future.


(BAKED STAR HAM with Cinnamon Orange Slices)
Delicatess N., the invisible charcutière of the rue jambon


(BAKED CORNED BEEF HASH -- Egg and Pickle Garnish)
I saw it over the rim of my cup of joe. It made my eggs, sunny side up, look quaint by comparison. I eyed its egg and pickle garnish, and it eyed me right back with a look that told me that it was not just any old dish of corned beef hash. Yes, I knew this one was different. Sure, I knew better. I could tell that this one was bad. That this one was dangerous and would leave me with nothing but regret. I knew I couldn't trust it farther than I could throw it. But, I've always been a sucker for pickles. And this dish was just my type. Sam Spatula in: I Ate It At Gifford's.


(BAKED STAR HAM SLICE WITH CRUSTED PEARS)
Take me to your roaster! Close Encounters of the Toque Kind


(STAR BACON AND FLUFFY CLOVERBLOOM EGGS)
It's like catnip to every cat in town. Dial CLoverbloom-254, a sultry drama from the writer of Hot Dog and a Tin Roof Sundae. Straight from Broadway to the silver screen.


(ARMOUR'S STAR HAM "MEDITERRANEAN")
Marcello! Salvation and prosciutto don't lie within four walls. Marcello?


(BARBECUED STAR FRANKFURTERS and Star Bacon)
All singing, all dancing, some eating, and no adults!! Beach Afghan Hotdog starring that fab teen couple Frank and Sandy!

0 comments: