How often does the presumptuous suggestion to 'try it this way' result in ruffled feathers rather than gratitude? I'd imagine that it happens more often than not, but with Try It This Way, San Giorgio's 1950 cookbook sensation, gratitude was the order of the day. Why? Because this cookbook compiles the sort of information that any person would rightfully clamor for: 58 'Meal-Making' Recipes from Mrs. Ezio Pinza, Noted Hostess and Wife of the Famous Opera, Broadway and Movie Singer!
Thank you to my sister for use of this cookbook!
1. Front cover - This would be a photo taken of the Pinza family table. If there's one thing that can be said about Mrs. Pinza, it's that she gives you a selection!
2. The table of contents (for quick reference) and San Giorgio's chart of dried pasta
3. Some of the best foods that Mrs. Ezio Pinza knows about are among the least expensive, and she's right! Find out more about her passion for delicious and economical foods in this introduction.
4. Why settle for just Macaroni-and-Cheese when you could have this miraculously-shaped Macaroni Salad?
5. Spaghetti with Meat Ball Clusters: Too good for Italy to keep.
6. I think this very solid ring of Spaghetti with Clams is one of the most impressive dishes in the book. It's one of those pictures that you can mull over for a few hours.
7. The Spaghetti Cheese Loaf is one of the many creatures in the 'loaf with olive eyes' family. This one is indigenous to Italy, as it is made of perciatelli (aka spaghetti). This adorable fellow is paired with the more grisly Spaghetti with Chicken
8. This Chicken Noodle Ring is the hat you wish you could have worn to the Kentucky Derby.
9. Mmm, 10 Minute Chili-Noodle Lunch! That's variety!
10. Noodles with Mushrooms and Pepper: It's watching you with those staring tomato (?) eyes!
11. Meat Loaf with Sauce: A flag in loaf form
12. Clearly San Giorgio has a bone to pick with the Swiss.
13. Smothered Beef: A dish as violent as its name.
14. If you really want to 'dress up' your soup, it needs bowties!
15. The Pastina Page
16. 'Be sure to write for up-to-date, illustrated San Giorgio Premium Catalog. And start saving valuable San Giorgio Medallions today!' Imagine getting some of these sleek appliances (and the baseball mitt) for mere medallions!
17. Back cover - Packaging images of some of the famously Slow-Cured San Giorgio products.