Sparkleneely, author of one of my favorite blogs, 97 Things To Do Before You Turn 97, gave me an award for achievement in the field of Blog Scribbling! I am thrilled and honored to be recognized by one of my favorite bloggers! I'd like to thank my agent, my personal trainer, and you at home!
According to the rules of the award:
'Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the Award on to 5 most-deserving Blog Friends. You must link to the author and name of the blog from where he/she has received the award.
You must display the Award on your blog and link to THIS POST, which explains the Award. Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit THIS POST and add your name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, they will be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor. You must post these rules on your blog.'
According to the fine print, not doing all of the above is a serious offense punishable to the full extent of the law, much like removing the tag from a mattress, so I have no choice but to obey! Unfortunately, my first inclination would be to award this to one of my favorite blogs, 97 Things To Do Before I Turn 97, but I don't think that's possible since she already received it! It was a well-deserved win, and if you've been searching for one of the most engaging and endearing, and one of the funniest and most poignantly relatable, blogs on the internet, I'm excited to point you in her direction! Get caught up on Sparkleneely's list of accomplishments before she's checked everything off her list!
Now I'm faced with the most difficult part: I must name five worthy blogs. All of the blogs on my blogroll (and the ones that I follow and read daily) are worthy of receiving this, or any, award; however, I have been directed to name only five favorites. Here they are, in no particular order:
1) Food With Eyes - I don't know what it is, but I almost feel like I know Lushie Peach, author of Food With Eyes, in real life. Besides posting the best graphics on the internet hands-down, she seems to have an uncanny talent for finding images of foods with eyes wherever she goes!
2) Expo Lounge - Jason has an unbelievably fabulous collection of Expo 67 collectibles and other vintage ephemera. His blog has to be one of the must-see stops for anyone interested in reliving the Montreal World's Fair, and his collection is an inspiration!
3) Kitchen Retro - Kitchen Retro is one of my newer favorites. Lidian's blog is one of my daily doses of humor. Of course, once again, she has managed to find some of the most intriguing and inane vintage advertisements and images, and her commentary is beyond superb!
4) Months of Edible Celebrations - Louise's blog is better than Wikipedia! I am always awed at the depth and the deliciousness of her culinary explorations. It's amazingly topical and informative, and, once again, she finds some great pictures!
5) A Sampler of Things - Years ago, I got a fantastic book of vintage packaging called Krazy Kids' Food. It became an instant favorite. I was thrilled to discover its author, Dan Goodsell, shares even more packaging images on his blog and on Flickr. It's like a Krazy Kids' sequel every day!
Once again, thank you Karen for the award! Have fun exploring the blogs of all the new award winners!