Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The return of So-good food!


There's nothing quite so good as so-good food, especially when you've been on your feet all day going from store to store. By the time you stagger home, arms filled with packages and blisters on your feet, you need some nourishment that is 'fast, filling, and just festive enough to be real aids when there is so much to do.' Nancy Lynn has a plan!


You can't have it all. Some might tell you differently, but they're just wrong. Sometimes you have to compromise; sometimes you have to prioritize. Inevitably, you're going to be set with the task of feeding a choir-sized herd of ravenous people at some point this season. So, when figuring out your menu, you can have it simple, you can have it speedy, or you can have it scrumptious. But you'll have to choose. It can't be two, and certainly not three!, of the aforementioned descriptions. I think that the author got the menus scrambled, though. Simple sounds scrumptious: Crab-cheese Chowder with crudites and dessert. Speedy, a set of Tuna Ramekins with Paprika Potatoes, doesn't seem speedy, simple, or scrumptious, but I'm neither a cook nor a tuna lover, so I could be mistaken. Finally, the apparently scrumptious Baked Puff Sandwiches with Tomato Bouillon seems like it would either be simple or speedy but not really that scrumptious. Either way, Family Circle has three menus to meet your busy holiday needs!

3 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Oh Maria, I LOVE these food and cooking ads. I'm going to add you to my blog roll so I don't miss any anymore.

Thanks so much for sharing...

Maria said...

Aww, thank you, Louise! I'm so happy that you're loving the pictures (and that I managed to post them all in time)! I hope you have a happy holiday season!

Feisty_Granny said...

Not fair, not FAIR! ...whine...

You tease us with Crab-Cheese Chowder and don't give us the recipe?!